Windows Firewall Problem

Legolash2o

i did an nLite installation and got "Error 2: cannot find the specified file" message when i try and start Windows Firewall Service, i have kept application layer gateway and dhcp services which are needed for it so i dont know what ive done wrong

Edited by legolash2o

I just had the same problem, and man was it a fucking bitch. Two services had similar problems and it took about 20 builds to find the exact causes.

For the firewall, it seems you are also required to keep the Dialup checkbox for it to work. I don't know what files are being problematic here, but I tried to get all the files taken out by this one checkbox and none of them seemed like they were specifically for the firewall and didn't match any lists I could find that said the required files for it.

I've been using nLite for Server 2003, so I don't know if it affects XP or is just something wrong with the latest nLite versions. I have XP installed from a while ago and it didn't have this issue.

Yeah, that's it.

Also, I was thinking about making a topic for these, but I waited to long. The other problem I had was with WIA, and it would also fail to start if I took out the Shell Services. WIA seems to be the only way to get images off my camera, so I need to keep this unchecked for it to work at all.

Note that this is for Server 2003 and I haven't tried XP recently.

Edited by Sancho

i must say good work sancho :), my program im building will be complete soon so that will it me, basically it lists everything on the disk, says what files are needed for them and emulates what would happen if that was removed without using VMWare which is useful and fixes any broken inf file and so fourth and points straight to the problem, thats y i asked u about databases nuhi for this particular program and manage to get it working after a couple of hours (the database thing). had to make a program for university course, taken ages but almost done :D

EDIT: it doesn't remove anything though dont want or need it too... nuhi have you tested this yet the Dial n VPN component, i must admit i dont norrmally remove it and just tried to get the smallest xp disk i can n theres nothing in the setuperr.log either

Edited by legolash2o