Unable to access recovery partion

barneygray

I have an ei systems pc running windows xp media center. i deleted and repartitioned the c: drive, leaving the recovery partition intact.

now i cant get the recovery to see it. i guess i have deleted the bit that makes it look for the recovery partition when f10 is pressed on boot up.

any suggestions would be welcome. i have an ordinary xp cd or bart pe if tats a help, but i need media center installed.

thanks

Dunno about your particular "setup", but here's my experience from a Compaq with a "Recovery Partition"...

- If it's a BIOS-type Recover selection, it may need the "C:" drive to NOT exist (maybe). It will set the Recovery Partition to be Active (I think) and will cause booting into it.

- If you have already been able to "boot" into (something), then ensure that the Recover Partition is the Active Partition so it will boot into it and go from there.

- Lastly, usually there is an Option (in the XP you had before you blew it away) to create a Backup Set of Recovery CD's (which usually blows away the basic Recovery Stuff on the Recovery Partition). At this point you MUST use the Recovery CD's (possibly recovering the Recovery Parition as well).

Loose description above (don't have access to the beast anymore, so can't confirm). Go to Manufacturer's Website for you Model (usually can enter Serial Number or such to get to your specific PC) and check around. You could also ask Tech Support there for additional assistance.

HTH

i tried removing all partitions except the recovery one and that did not work.

after further investigation it seems that it uses something called pc angel to access this partion. have been tring to find out more about this program but their support site wont let me login/register. if anyone knows how this works please tell

i tried removing all partitions except the recovery one and that did not work.

after further investigation it seems that it uses something called pc angel to access this partion.

Did you learn this by Setting the Partition Active (one must be active) and allowing the PC to boot to it (NOT using the "F10" key )? If so, can't help much on "PC Angel"...