Software conflicts between NLITE1.4beta and Anti-spy software

mikesw

I've discovered what the problem is to the problem discussed in this thread earlier this week.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=101646

I have a compaq nc8430 (dual intel proc 1.8ghz) with 1 gig memory running WInXP pro Sp2 with all the

latest fixes. I also have dotNet 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 with all the service packs installed although Nlite1.4beta

requires dotNet 2.0 only.

I have the following Anti-virus and Anit-spyware software installed

Symantec Antivir 9.05

SuperAntiSpyware v3.9.1008 which is the unregistered copy

Spware Doctor v5.0.1.200 which is the googlepack unregistered copy. The latest paid version is v5.0.1.205

The SuperAntiSpyware doesn't have real-time capabilities (thats the registered version).

The Spyware Doctor does have real-time capabilities but is limited in other areas.

I wonder if the real-time scans of files being integrated by NLITE could be the cause of the software conflict.

Based on the thread mentioned within, Java JRE 1.3 to 1.6 or no JRE isn't the cause of my problems.

Moreover, all the other ANTI virus, spyware mentioned above have been proven not to cause problems although

if I had SuperAntiSpyware with real-time activated, it may cause a similar problem stated below.

What is causing my problem is Spyware Doctor!

It causes the problem below regardless if I check the "kernel compatibility" option or not.

If I shutdown Spyware Doctor so that it doesn't run at all, I can completely directly integrate

Windows 2000 hotfixes from 2003 to 2007 either on a year-by-year basis or all at once.

Note: there are a few KB files that display the message that it can't directly integrate but gives

an option to integrate a different way. This isn't causing any problems, but I wonder why it can't

directly integrate them (that is another post).

The problem occurs randomly for any KB hot fix file or any file within the KB hotfix file. This usually

occurs after the cabinets are extracted (when the question was answered ok). Moreover, the problem

file is put in the root directory of the WIN OS being integrated as an expanded filename. whereas

the orginal may be in a different directory as an unexpanded one ie. (abc.ex_ , cde.dl_ ) etc.

Here is a typical error popup message that I get, although the filename will be different for

each run through NLITE.

---------------------------

Error!

H-The file 'C:\ZRMPOEM_EN\ipnathlp.dll' already exists.

Please report this error if it's unexpected.

Write your message in English and attach your 'Last Session.ini' if possible.

OK

Soooo! SPYWARE DOCTOR v5.x conflicts with NLITE1.4beta, NLITE 1.3.5 etc at random.

I'm not sure about NLITE versions that are dotNET 1.1 instead of dotNet 2.0 since I didn't test that out.

Probably needs to be tested to verify that dotNET isn't having a hand in the problem.

:wacko:

Hmm.... maybe build into NLITE a menu option to disable and then renable ANTI SPYWARE, ANTIVIR

ANTI anything as an added feature when one is doing OS integration! HA! HA! just kidding....... :whistle:

Edited by mikesw

• 1 year later...

I'm wondering if Nlite doesn't hate Anitvir????

1- I've included Antivir on my first try making a CD of XP and my installaion stopped ( or froze, or blocked, or p***ed me off!!) at the 13 minutes mark......

2- On my third try, always with Antivir included, my computer went on a blue screen...

On the second try, i did not include Antivir but something totally different: IDM. Everything was perfect!!!!

Is there a doctor listening, i think we have a problem here!!!

grominnetto, you give us zero information and we can return zero answers. You do have a problem. Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.