Help Please

Hey guys,

I've been working on an unattended xp cd for a while now, and this is my first post for help, so plz aid me!

I've encountered a few problems, and I'll try to make this post as organized as possible.

Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)

I'm using WPI to install my apps/a few hotfixes, and I tried installing WGA using it. I extracted the package and got legitcheckcontrol.msi and setup.exe. I've tried installing both with the /q switch, and everything seems fine (the log says it installed successfully), and yet, when i go to windows update, i still have to download and install it. How do I make this work?

.NET Framework

I'm also using WPI to install this as well. I extracted 1.1 and 2.0, and for each of them I ran setup.exe with /q switch. The thing is, 2.0 worked fine (as well as the three security updates) and nothing appears in WU for it anymore, but 1.1 didn't work (nor 1.1 SP1, which installs after it). As for 3.0, I simply executed the executable with /q, and it appears to have worked, however it still appears in WU, along with an update for it. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Am I choosing the wrong file to run?

Office 2003 SP2

From WU, it always fails. So, I dled the package (101 MB full file one), and try to run that from WPI after office installs, and seems to have worked (like everything else I installed), but it still appears in WU (and still fails).

Another thing, can someone explain to me what the difference is between running the msi or the exe? Does it matter which one you run?

I've attached the log that WPI created, in case that helps.

That's it for now, thanks in advance. :blushing:

EDIT: ran the iso in VMware, btw.

wpilog.txt

Edited by APG999