How to: send to mail reciepient: gmail

koden

I use send to mail reciepient when I send pictures.

right click on picture send to > mail reciepient

when i used Eudora and outlook a new mail was opening

But now I use Gmail.

Is'nt it possible to set gmail up to be the program where the new mail is opening in?

It works when I click a mail link. There it's gmail new mail that opens.

I think thats because installation of gmail notifier.

I'll thin it might be difficult or impossible, because it is running in web browser. You can find the default Mail program from the registry.

HKLM\Software\Clients\Mail Just change the Default value to appropriate program.

the file that does this is sendmail.dll. If you unregister the file (regsvr32 /u sendmail.dll) the feature will go away, if you register the file the feature works.

-gosh

You can check your gmail with outlook express, outlook, or any program that supports POP mail.

Just set up eudora of outlook express to check your gmail. The instructions are available after you logon to gmail. Go to their help section.

With yahoo, you have to pay. But gmail is free pop access.

Hmm... I have gmail notifier.

If I click on a email link it will open my gmail new mail.

But right click on a picture and use send to > email reciepient will open the outlook that I don't use.

Gosh: Do you think that if I delete the sendmail.dll file then the gmail notifier can do the "send to > email reciepient" ?

Spacesurfer: I know that I can use outlook. But I try not to :-)

Hmmm... I think the "Send To -->" option may be an Outlook feature, and is different from a "Mailto:" link that I was thinking of.

Google provides very easy instructions for using Outlook with Gmail, but that isn't always a good solution for everyone (and I personally like the web interface better anyway), but that may be the only way to do what you're speaking of.

Gosh: Do you think that if I delete the sendmail.dll file then the gmail notifier can do the "send to > email reciepient" ?

I dont' think this would accomplish what you're after (and you wouldn't want to delete it, just un-register it as Gosh mentioned). I'm pretty sure it would just disable the feature all together.

Edited by TheFlash428