cannot install programs with services, with my customized xp

huz

Hi there,

yesterday I created another winlite iso, with drivers and some tweaks. I have also disabled some system services that I thought unuseful. (secondary access, and so on...)

The problem is that when I try to install programs with services, like diskkeeper, it told me that I have no admin rights to do that!

but I am the administrator...

so... where I have to search the problem? I have tried to start all win services but no results...

another thing is that on the booting up, win is slow on "windows is starting up"

before this iso, I always used another customized iso but in that one I never touched win services and never integrated drivers. Simply a tweaked light one... and it works fine.

I don't know if the problem is on the services or on the components/tweaks (anyway I NEVER touched the red ones).

any ideas?

nlite version: 1.3.5

win xp sp2 x86

Edited by huz

I do the same thing as you; in fact, I take it one step further: I actually remove services in the Remove Components section. Although this is considered a "little risky", I never experienced a problem. (Knock on wood.)

To be honest, it sounds to me like the problem you're experiencing is due to the "Unattended" settings you used, not "Services".

I suggest double-checking your Unattended section. If that doesn't work, post back (and attach your INI file so we can see exactly what settings you used.) ;)

And you used the same "Unattended" settings both times? Weird.

Can you post your INI files? Both the one that DIDN'T work, and the one that DID (without playing with services)?

Maybe we can track down what happened. ;)