sata install no good with nlite

earlabs

I am installing xpsp2 with a sata driver. Of course no diskette in a one year old pc and so I use nlite to stream the drivers with the genuine legit install cd (xp home dutch). When I start the install the driver loads fine. I then see the partitions of my sata disk. After clicking install I get a message telling me that the partition is not good for a windows install (it's 39 GB part of a 80 gig disk). No matter what I try the install doesn't work... Worst part is that my original c: partition is now unpartitioned and booting up the pc impossible......

I searched the forum for this problem but to no avail. Is there a workaround or should I leave nlite and buy myself a floppy disk?

Any suggestions/help appreciated.

I think we're missing the crucial information, the "message telling me that the partition is not good for a windows install", what was it exactly?

Have you tried repartitioning the whole disk to a one partition or you have some saved data on it?

Basically I don't think that the floppy would help because the integration worked? since you now see the partitions.

I am installing xpsp2 with a sata driver. Of course no diskette in a one year old pc and so I use nlite to stream the drivers with the genuine legit install cd (xp home dutch). When I start the install the driver loads fine. I then see the partitions of my sata disk. After clicking install I get a message telling me that the partition is not good for a windows install (it's 39 GB part of a 80 gig disk). No matter what I try the install doesn't work... Worst part is that my original c: partition is now unpartitioned and booting up the pc impossible......

I searched the forum for this problem but to no avail. Is there a workaround or should I leave nlite and buy myself a floppy disk?

i think i know what you mean "Your computer's setup program cannot gain access to the disk containing the partition or free space you chose. Setup cannot install Windows XP on this hard disk"

If that's so, just change the boot order and unplug any usb hard drive and you're good to go :rolleyes:

I Have Got That B4!! When I Had Windows Installed On An IDE Harddrive Deleted The Partitons On It And It Worked Fine!!!