Diskpart gui for 2005 anyone?

p4ntb0y

Hi,

Does any know of a Diskpart gui for windows 2005?

I know that diskpartitoner is out there but this does not work on my windows 2003 sp1 version of diskpart so i went down a version and now at least it can see the disk's

But when I click on some of the actions it just seems to hang.

So is there a gui around that some one has that will work with the 2003 version of diskpart?

The reason you ask well our engineers cough "desktop placer's" think its to to difficult to use the cmd line.

I could but....

I noticed the other day when i booted a a laptop with winpe 2005 and I tried winpe 2 that the disk 0 was my external drive and not the master drive in the laptop so thi worries me cause knowing the biffs that work here they just run the batch file can not check

ever thought about netbooting winpe?

cause that would solve the issue with the external drive, if thats not necessary for reasons I dont know.

Otherwise, do some scripting with the language of your choice and build something around diskpart.exe. Shouldnt be to hard, personally I considered that idea and played around with autoit and diskpart, but I found it easier to just pull a diskpart script from a database and let diskpart execute it.

I think you need to get a newer version of diskpart to put on your PE2005 disk. Diskpartitioner is dependent upon the output from Diskpart, if it doesn't match as expect it won't work correctly.