Problem with wallpaper

anonymous_user

it is a tweak, right click on My PC, choose properties, advanced settings tab, performance button, there you can see something like use shadows in desktop icons, just check that box at the left.

if you fixit, youll need to make an script, regfile or rebuild a new nlited cd from zero, clean install files and clean nlite program (recommended).

did you use old presets? (any other preset)

Have Phun!

Did you checked the setting which Maxfutur said, not some tweak, in your installed Windows on which you have the problem?

Only other thing that could be is that you have to update your display drivers and set your display to 32bit color.

Also disable active desktop background if it's enabled.

Did you checked the setting which Maxfutur said, not some tweak, in your installed Windows on which you have the problem?

Yes I did check that setting.

Only other thing that could be is that you have to update your display drivers and set your display to 32bit color.

My drivers are updated.

Also disable active desktop background if it's enabled.

Yes I did disable that.

Well ATM Im on my Vista machine and it does not have this problem. I could try reloading WinXP though it may take some time.

If I remember correctly, this is a Windows thing, your wallpaper needs to be a bmp.

The reason the display properties can use a non bmp is because it re-saves the picture as a bmp to "C:\Documents And Settings\(user)\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp"

So, just make your wallpaper a bmp. That *should* fix the issue.

So, just make your wallpaper a bmp. That *should* fix the issue.

Thats what I do currently, but I would prefer to use smaller sized JPEGs.

mushu13, in that case anoymous_person might be right that for JPG it needs Picture Viewer to be kept, it started to ring some bells.

I would appreciate if someone can confirm this for sure.

Edit: Ok I can confirm it myself. Downloading and registering shimgvw.dll solved the problem.

Edited by anoymous_person

Description does imply that to some extent:

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

Needed for:

- User Pictures (avatars) display

- JPG Desktop Background preview

Gonna change it a little to reflect this.