icon "my computer" disappeared from desktop after nlite W2K

Thilo

Hi together!

I am wondering why the icon "my computer" wasn't shown any more after my installation...

Well, under Windows XP, there's a chance to prevent Windows from showing icons like "network neighbourhood" or "my computer".

I know that there's a registry entry to prevent Windows 2000 from showing that icon on desktop, too, but I don't know the tweak entry to show "my computer" on my desktop.

I manually entered the tweak "Desktop- show my computer" or "Desktop-Arbeitsplatz anzeigen", but I don't know if that helps...

I believe that issue was asked already, but maybe I am a little too stupid to find that theme :whistle:

Thanks for your reply...

Thilo

P.S. Where is the place to enter the entries in the windows system so that those tweaks are working? I think most of them are a registry entry?

Edited by Thilo

What did you change to show the icon, this is the tweak, I presume you know how to manually change that with regedit:

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu", "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}",0x00010001,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel", "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}",0x00010001,0

• 2 weeks later...

thanks to your answer, nuhi...

the problem solved automatically, I used nlite 1.35 final, and 1.4 beta doesn't have that problem any more...

for earlyer versions, there's one recommondation that you shouldn't use the any desktop tweaks concerning nlite and "Windows 2000".

Regards,

Thilo