Systray

nodiaque

Hello everyone, I'm trying to disable Right-Click on system tray icon (for specific icon or all).

I've tried to hide it, but when it's hide, I don't receive notification from it anymore so it's not good (I tried to install it like a service but since it's running from system local user, it doesn't work. It must run from current user through and active directory network. This is why right not it's running from HKLM\...\windows\run). If you got a way to hide it and still receive popup notification (via systray and windows popup) well it's good enough. This program must simply not be close (and since there's a close command on the icon and no configuration on the program to disable) else printing doesn't work anymore.

I'm looking for something that can work in 2k or xp, since it's running on both platform. If you got way to do it in only 1 of those 2, post anyway, we might came up with 2 way, 1 for each!

Thanks for your help!

I made a program just for that :)

It's portable and works on all windows versions.

NoRCoTI v1.1a

• Place a 16x16 icon of the program in the current working directory.

Alternatively, you may specify the full path of the icon as a comm-

andline parameter. Don't forget to enclose the path in quotes!

Eg: NoRCoTI.exe "C:\Program Files\Some Program\Program's Icon.ico"

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T if you want to exit NoRCoTI.

Download:

zip.gifNORCOTI_v1.1.zip ( 191.59K )

Edited by [deXter]
Removed corrupted download link.

Think you can make it so it doesn't light up "scroll lock" when over? This can cause user problem arround here. What you could implement is a --debug option that turn on that feature?

Thanks again ;)

Updated. The scroll-lock light will now turn on/off only when Ctrl+Alt is pressed and the mouse is moved over the trayicon.

Sorry for the typo btw :whistle:

Edited by [deXter]
Removed corrupted file.

Thanks alot, work great!

I just have one problem. I'm using it in a multiple user environnement. I put that in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run. Every new user to connect (and then create a new profile) have a prompt requesting where is the icon they want to use. I have put the icon in the same folder, work great when using manual launch but from registry, doesn't seems to work. I've tried then copying the icon in the user's folder (I've seen that the icon get copied there) but no luck. Is there a config file I'm missing?

I think it's because the current working directory change when it's from registry startup (it became user's directory in doc&set). What's weird is that it doesn't take the icon if I put it there, I still have to tell him which icon I want and it won't bug that user anymore (except if I don't select any icon).

Thanks again for great job

Edited by nodiaque

If you're executing from HKLM , you'll need to place the icon in the %UserProfile% path for that user.

So for say a user called deXter, you should place the icon in C:\Documents and Settings\deXter

No idea. :( It's working fine for me.

Anyways, I added a new feature: You can also specify the icon as a commandline parameter. Just remember to enclose the full path in quotes.

Eg: NoRCoTI.exe "C:\Program Files\Some Program\Some Icon.ico"

Edit: Updated readme.txt

NORCOTI_v1.1a.zip

Edited by [deXter]

• 2 months later...

Thanks for creating this great program! :thumbup

I love the concept of it (it's very useful) however it doesn't quite work for me.

The program loads fine and the scroll lock lights up when mouse is over appropriate tray icon, however I can still get access to the context menu if I right click 3 or 4 times in a row. The first couple of times it doesn't work, but if you click another one or two times more then the menu will appear.

Does this only happen on my system?