[Help] IE7 Start menu icon is wrong

XPSlacker

Hello all,

I have been testing unattended installs with Virtual Box in the last couple weeks and have decided against using nLite and only use my winnt.sif, some batch files for T-13/12 and a few programs for RunOnceEX in conjunction with RyanVM's 2.1.11 with Integrator. IE7 is left until I make it to get the few remaining updates at Microsoft Update.

So the install goes well, still has IE6, and all of my tweaks turn out as expected with not errors and nothing out of the ordinary. I hit MS Update, get the initial couple updates, restart, the next few updates have WGA and IE7, but after IE7 gets installed and the impending restart, I noticed that each time I create a new virtual machine and reinstall, the icon on the top of the Start menu is the default "unknown type" icon and I am trying to figure out if there is some easy way to fix it. It functions properly, just the wrong icon. Is there a registry key that I can redirect to the correct file? A config setting somewhere?

I tried doing a search here and Google, but am kind of at a loss for how to word the search to get any results. (If the image does not show up, I will post it on one of my websites and add a link.)

post-46629-1183021466_thumb.jpg

XPSlacker