Search the Community
Showing results for tags '.NET'.
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I have written a batch file to build a (64-bit) WinPE 5.0 ISO using Windows ADK 8.0 I've attached the batch file to this post. I'm attempting to add .NET Framework 4.5.1 to my WinPE image. I downloaded a .NET Framework 4.5.1 redistributable and extracted the executable to find the relevant cab files: Windows8-RT-KB2881468-x64.cab WSUSSCAN.cab Then tried to add those packages to the WinPE image but it fails. How far off track am I?.... Can anyone point me in the right direction? Regards, Mitch build.7z
Hi all. I'm confident this issue will stand out to anyone who's experienced it... I recently finished a nlite DVD with XP SP3 which worked well on another dekstop machine (but only until installing its video drivers). Problem starts on slower machine, a Dell Inspiron 1300.. It's strange because there were no problems before, e.g. I could easily play 1080p video and run the flurry 3D Screensaver, all with a different nlited SP2 CD I made. So obviously something in the workflow is different. Now when ever direct x is the renderer, it's real choppy, so I suspect it could it could be either; - Installation order of .NET framework and dell drivers or, - Old OpenGL? (I did not remove OpenGL from SP1 Home during nlite process of making DVD) So to summarise is direct X dependant on how .NET is installed? I am currently using .NET 3.5 All in One installer. Other information: I suspect a particular DLL in system32 folder; ialmdd5.dll: "Direct Draw Driver for Intel Graphics Technology" Any help would be greatly appreciated, from the heart because I've been working on this DVD for 6months in my spare time, and I thought I was on a home straight with getting it to work flawlessly on older machines but flipping little parameter-x screwed it up. All the best Edit: I re-tried the initial SP2 CD and it still lags, so I doubt it's anything to with nlite.
Hel-l-lp! My parts-built PC running Windows XP Home SP3 is just barely functional. For quite a while now, up until a couple of weeks ago it would take about 20 minutes or so to boot up and about one full minute to load a program. About a month ago I updated a lot of old programs and drivers and the performance improved somewhat but it was still far from normal. I have Microsoft's firewall and Avast's free antivirus running all the time and I also run the latest version of Advanced SystemCare Free often so I don't think it's a problem caused by a virus or malware. I also occasionally run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Spybot Search&Destroy to further check for malware. I also don't visit sites where my PC's likely to get infected. Recently (a week or two ago) MS released a buggy Windows update which I had to uninstall by doing a system restore, something I've never had to do until now. That's when the major problems started, just a couple of days ago. Now, most of my programs no longer work, giving me 'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)' errors. I also get 'Error loading' messages about IMF.exe, NvCpl.dll, NvMCTray.dll and ASCTray.exe. I ran a check for viruses today (using Avast) without finding anything. I can't use ASC or MBAM since they won't run now. I've got Fences version 1 installed which still works but every so often gives me (0xc0000135) error messages. I googled for info on my problem and found a couple of websites saying to uninstall and reinstall all .NET files (in order from newest to oldest) so I tried that. I got as far as .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP1 which won't uninstall. I've tried using Dependency Walker but there don't seem to be any manuals on how to use it. I even went so far as to buy a new hard drive, intending to reinstall the OS from scratch only to find that my Win98SE CD will no longer boot! I can't boot from my WinXP CD since it's just an Upgrade CD, requiring my Win98SE CD to be installed first. On top of that, the new 2TB SATA HD I just got wasn't assigned a drive letter so even though the OS says it's working properly I can't use it! Plus, if memory serves, when I first built this PC I wanted to install the OS on a SATA drive only to find that the system (an AMD Phenom II X4 on a Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H MB) wouldn't let me! For some reason I never discovered the system reads from and writes to SATA HDs just fine but won't boot from one (at least, not then). So I had to stick with an EIDE HD. And please don't tell me to buy a newer version of Windows, that HD took all my extra cash and since I'm between jobs I won't see any extra disposable income for quite some time. I need to repair my existing install, and BTW, the repair didn't work (didn't complete, giving me another error message) when I tried it. Oh, and also (JIC this is important), some time ago (many months) my boot.ini file somehow got deleted and I'm not sure how to add it back. Hel-l-lp!