Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


  • Content count

  • Donations

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About wyxchari

Profile Information

  • OS
    XP Pro x86
  • Country
  1. ie8-windowsxp-kb4092946-x86-embedded. After:
  2. IE8-KB4089187 manually and then in 3 minutes... "Find Target" has not been fixed.
  3. More reported problems of KB4074852 even blocking bank ATMs: https://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbankomatchik.ru%2Fforums%2F25%2F1365
  4. KB4074852 replaces KB4018556 so you must fix the same type of error: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/894199/software-update-services-and-windows-server-update-services-changes-in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4018556/title
  5. MS18-02-2K8_INTL: https://community.ivanti.com/docs/DOC-66122
  6. True. I just read you after losing the whole morning trying to fix it. The strange thing is that it fails in some computers and in others it does not. My fix: Tools, Internet Options, Advanced options, activate Use SSL 2.0 (by default it is not active and when you click Restore advanced settings it is deactivated). It seems that from time to time MU/WU should download C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WebSetup\wuident.cab and it should be by SSL 2.0. Once downloaded, SSL 2.0 is not necessary and it continues to work for a while.
  7. As the problem is only in the oleaut32.dll file of KB4074852 and not in the whole update (Kernel32.dll, ntdll.dll, Ole32.dll, Rpcss.dll, Updspapi.dll) this is what I have done to fix it. I do not know if it will be a good procedure but it works: - Search in C:\WINDOWS for all oleaut32.dll files - Copy oleaut32.dll 5.1.2600.7248 550KB to C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache - Rename to C:\WINDOWS\system32\oleaut32zzzzz.dll 5.1.2600.7424 534KB - Wait a while for the system to automatically copy it to C:\WINDOWS\system32 - Restart (It may give some errors while shutting down the first time) Malwarebytes work, Find target work... --------------------------------------------------- I add that the list of cpu affected by Meltdown / Spectre is increasing and is already in version 7: https://www.techarp.com/guides/complete-meltdown-spectre-cpu-list/ The Core 2 Duo already appear.
  8. Another possible failure of KB4074852 with CDBurnerXP: https://forum.cdburnerxp.se/topic/10322-after-windows-xp-patches-cdburner-does-not-start-and-show-error/?tab=comments#comment-39393
  9. After installing the updates, it searches again and other ones will come out. Repeat the cycle until they do not come out anymore.
  10. When there are pending updates to download and more if they are large as cumulative IE8, WU / MU takes even days. Once you have updated and there are no more left, it is normal for WU / MU to take very little time. The search time is not fixed, it depends on the number and type of updates that are pending download. That's why sometimes you will go slow and other times fast.
  11. I confirm that KB4074852 errors occur: 1.- On computers with Windows XP hack PosReady. 2.- In WMWare with Windows XP hack PosReady. 3.- In WMWare with Windows Embedded PosReady 2009 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11196)
  12. I've tried with VMWare: 1.- Install Windows Embedded PosReady 2009. 2.- I try the button of a shortcut and it works well. 3.- Download KB4074852 and install it. 4.- I try the button and it does not work anymore. The error does not only appear in Windows XP Hack Posready, also in the original Windows Embedded Posready 2009.
  13. I confirm that the button does not work and Malwarebytes fails. It will be necessary to deinstall only that update KB4074852. PD: After uninstalling everything works again.
  14. IE8 KB4074736 installed manually from the catalog. After:
  15. Updates from W7 Embedded to W7 since January 14, 2020

    For now there is no problem, but when the extended support of Windows 7 ends on January 14, 2020, Windows Embedded 7 updates may remove the "Windows 7.0 Client SP1; Windows 7.0 Client" from the properties of * .msu and can not be installed now. Possibly we should extract the files from the * .msu and install the * .cab manually.