Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


mezose

Member
  • Content Count

    2
  • Donations

    $0.00 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About mezose

Profile Information

  • OS
    none specified
  1. Tried to use the new version of nlite (1.4.9.2). I keep getting the same error about 60% of the way through the process. I am going to try the last stable version to see if it will work. The error I am receiving is: "There was a generic error in +GDI" Then nlite promptly shuts down. Anyone have any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong or a bug in nlite?
  2. Hello friends, I am at my wits end to find the cause of my problem. I have googled for hours and searched this site also. My problem is that when I click to open certain websites, these are sites where I am attempting to pay for a website subscription for example CCbill.com and also to register for membership on another site. I assume these are secure sites and require a certain component, driver or service that is missing from my custom Windows XP installation. My Unattended install is made by integrating SP3 (not the problem) using nlite to customize then making a few mods to the winnt.sif file and scripted unattended install of a few programs. I beleive the problem is that I am removing something during the nlite process that these servers need to connect with my PC. The error message I get is when I go to a page that says something like "Click here to process payment to CCbill.com". I click the link and the error page appears "Firefox cannot connect to the server at xxxxx" I have tried 3 other browsers and the problem still exists. If I install XP with no modifications the sites will connect. If I use Windows LiveXP the sites connect. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Last Session.ini attached.Last Session.ini Here is the exact error text I get: Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.ccbilleu.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web. I have been working backwards reinstalling after unchecking removed components etc one at a time. This is the only way I know of to find the problem. Time consuming and tedious, but Im out of ideas. RESOLVED! I have found the cause of the "server not found error". I had an Idea that there was a good possibility the problem may be with my hosts file. I had completely forgotten that long ago I replaced my hosts file with a modified one (another persons modded file). This has been something I have done by default for years in my unattended installations. It occurred to me to test it. I renamed the hosts file and reverted to the default one and the problem is gone. Now I have to identify which entry/s are blocking the servers.
×
×
  • Create New...