Latest MS patches (2/14/07)

Jancm

KB924667 doesn't integrate properly via Nlite. It appears to work but checking via MS update afterwards shows it didn't take (also manually checked dll versions).

Rest of the ones I applied seem to be fine.

Also (using RC3):

I told Nlite to keep briefcase, but it didn't. I may have wiped a dependency. Any suggestions?

The MS Update icon is still in the start menu, even though I told it not to.

IE still creates quicklaunch shortcuts (which I delete via batch file).

1 more: The color scheme is still blue even though I specified silver :)

None of these are a big deal (except for the hotfix issue) - just figured I'd mention them. I can live without briefcase, although it's handy at times.

Worked around the hotfix by using the integrate switch - the real problem is that it appears to work.

Oh - the hotfixes were applied on top of Ryans integrated pack, in case that's important.

Jancm, boooggy is right, until it's bypassed enable Reports in Hotfix integration options and answer No while getting prompts during that hotfix integration. For others pay attention, not just No, Yes is recommended, this is exception for now.

@ Jancm : can u tell me if u r integrating ie7 too. i integrate ie7. my xp gives error saying 'cannot save configuration information...' after the initial setup copying files and after 'saving configuration..' before restarting. i get this only after i started integrating feb07 patches. i found that the problem is in any of the following patches :

KB918118.exe

KB924667.exe

KB926436.exe

KB927779.exe

KB927802.exe

KB928843.exe

KB931836.exe.

After i removed these patches, it works fine. i planned to install 928090 and 929969 during RunOnceEx due to some other error during initial setup copying files(which i found out to be with 928090), so i didnt add them to nlite.

i tried creating the distribution 5-6 times and installing it.

ok I would now eliminate KB924667 alone and test. im thinking of adding each one and test individually.

Edited by rajesh.kumar

No. I'm not integrating IE7. I'd pull IE completely if I could, but that's just not practical, so I'm running 6 only. I very rarely use IE for anything though.

Nuhi - As far as using the advanced option - I'll try it next time I integrate (possibly within a few days, I'm busy with some other stuff at the moment). Doesn't surprise me though.

For the moment applying the hotfix using the integrate switch on the package worked fine (or at least seemed to). Or now that RyanVM has updated his pack I'll cheat and just use that :)

will note ur response Jancm.

nuhi - apart from this, not a relevant one but i always wanted to ask u why http://bsnl.co.in cant open in the nlited distibution. i have this problem for ages and with all distributions made with several versions of nlite. i used many browsers, many types of internet(dialup to 2mbps bb).

With non-nlited xps it just opens fine.

this post by HossyBldr saved me hours of testing.

Now i would include everything but KB931836.exe and see whether the error "setup cannot set the required configuration......" still persists.

Nuhi by the way give me a favour by checking whether the contents of the site http://bsnl.co.in is displayed in your (nlited-hope so) xp....

or anyone who has nlited xp installed. plz.

Edited by rajesh.kumar

Of course I'm using the nLited XP, and yes I can see it in Firefox and IE7.

Btw it can't be nlite's fault, especially if that is the only site where you see that. Are you sure it's not some addon or filter that is blocking the site?