VIA SATA Drivers Won't Load

wizzbangca

I NEED the via raid drivers to load during textmode setup. I can get setup to read the floppy, load the driver, show the hard drive on the sata controller during drive selection, create a partition and format the hard drive. Once setup goes to copy files, none of the driver files can be found. Floppy disk is still in the drive. The disk is checked out to be ok on another computer. In the winnt.sif file, I have Unattended=No. Until today, that allowed me to install the drivers off the disk while still having unattended. Doesn't work anymore. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: When I hit "enter" to try again, the floppy drive looks like it's reading, but the files aren't being found.

Edited by wizzbangca

I have been using my unattended with that line set to yes for 2 years now without any problems. However, I am going to try slipstreaming the driver packs. I can't count how many times I could have used those packs to make my thousands of installations easier.

Thanks for the info. Will comment on the outcome tomorrow.

Do you have Oempreinstall=yes in your winnt.sif?

That will cause your problem.

You could integrate the drivers into your CD.

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/v...157bbc9f72530e/

I NEED the via raid drivers to load during textmode setup. I can get setup to read the floppy, load the driver, show the hard drive on the sata controller during drive selection, create a partition and format the hard drive. Once setup goes to copy files, none of the driver files can be found. Floppy disk is still in the drive. The disk is checked out to be ok on another computer. In the winnt.sif file, I have Unattended=No. Until today, that allowed me to install the drivers off the disk while still having unattended. Doesn't work anymore. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: When I hit "enter" to try again, the floppy drive looks like it's reading, but the files aren't being found.

yes i'm having excactly the same probelm.

does anyone know how to fix this? i only have one blank cd left :(

You may need to change the HardwareIdsDatabase to reflect the actual PCI\VEN\SUBSYS of your particular SATA controller, but I use these setting in my TXTSETUP.SIF for my ECS KT-600a:

[SourceDisksFiles]
viamraid.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3149 = "viamraid"

[SCSI.load]
viamraid = viamraid.sys,4

[SCSI]
viamraid = "VIA SATA RAID Controller"

Naturally, don't forget to compress a copy of viamraid.sys and place it in your \I386 directory.

The viamraid.sys file I use is actually the one from Bashrat's Mass Storage pack, not the one from the ECS download page for my motherboard.

HTH.