Silently Install AwxDTools Shell Ext. 4 DaemonTool

DigeratiPrime

awxDTools Self-extracting switchless installer.

DOWNLOAD:

http://rapidshare.de/files/7178668/awxDTools_.exe.html

Original Installer/Homepage: http://www.hbreitner.de/awxdtools/

This is a WinRAR SFX that automatically extracts awxdtools.dll and MFC71.dll to your System32 folder. And registers awxdtools.dll

You can always undo this by unregistering it using

@echo off
cmdow @ /HID
M Short %PF% Variable
FOR %%A IN ("%PROGRAMFILES%") DO SET SHORTPF=%%~sA

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.iso" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.bin" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.cif" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.vcd" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.fcd" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.img" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.c2d" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.dao" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.tao" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.ccd" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.cue" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.bwt" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.cdi" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.b5t" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mds" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.nrg" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.pdi" /VE /D "D-Tools" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\D-Tools\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\D-Tools\daemon.exe,0" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\D-Tools\shell\open\command" /VE /D %SHORTPF%\D-Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -mount 0, \"%%1\"" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\D-Tools\shell\Mount on First Device\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\D-Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -mount 0, \"%%1\"" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\D-Tools\shell\Unmount First Device\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\D-Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -unmount 0" /F

REM REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\D-Tools\shell\Mount on Second Device\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\D-Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -mount 1, \"%%1\"" /F
REM REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\D-Tools\shell\Unmount Second Device\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\D-Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -unmount 1" /F

Edited by DigeratiPrime

Thanks Digerati. I've been working on this since I first saw your links posted in the other thread. Seems you've been one step ahead of me the whole way. ;)

Quick question: I used an SFX to extract the dll files to the required location and then run the regsvr32 command. After registering the service, It returned a dialog box informing me that it was successful. Is there any way to disable this?

On a side note, I'm working on something that will work with the original installer. I'll post it here if I get positive results.

Ok, I've managed to get it working.

As mentioned in a previous Daemon Tools thread, the problem with the current version of awxDTools is that, once installation is complete, it pops up a pair of dialog boxes that need to be clicked before the installer exits. These dialog boxes appear regardless of whether or not the /S switch has been specified in the comman line parameters.

Because both dialogs are a part of the installer itself, calling the install executable with the usual start /wait would effectively stall our uA process. However, it is important to note that, by the time the first dialogue box appears, awxDTools has already been successfully installed. This means that we can safely kill the installer process once that dialogue box appears.

I used a pair of batch files and was able to get awxDTools almost silently. I say almost because if you want to sit and watch the screen like a hawk once you start the process, you may see the first dialogue box appear for a split second.

Here are the files I used:

AwxInstall.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off
start awxDTools.exe /S
start /wait KillAwx.cmd

KillAwx.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off
:top
if exist "%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\arniWORX\awxDTools\Re-Register Extension.lnk" (
taskkill /f /im awxDTools.exe
exit
)
goto top

awxDTools.exe is what I renamed the original installer (downloadable here) to.

Place all 3 files in the same directory and then call InstallAwx.cmd the same way you would any other installer. Since you will be installing via a script, no switches are required. For myself, I plan to put the files in the same directory where I store the DTools installer, and then add the following line to my start.cmd file:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\DaemonTools\InstallAwx.cmd

I hope some people will find this useful. If not, at least I had fun doing it. :D