How To Turn off Auto Update?

I tried putting in the line "automaticupdates=no" but when I get into windows it has turned on autoupdates.

I want to make sure autoupdates is completely off for my unattended install. Any idea or help?

Thanks in advance.

I am an id***, I need to turn off the firewall not the auto updates...

I found the part about turning off the firewall but I am still a bit unclear. Can someone show me exactly what I would need to have to turn off the firewall under any circumstances but still have it available?

I found the part about turning off the firewall but I am still a bit unclear. Can someone show me exactly what I would need to have to turn off the firewall under any circumstances but still have it available?

I, too, am a bit unclear. I'm not sure what, exactly, it is you want to do.

Adding the following to you winnt.sif file (as mentioned here) will turn off the Windows Firewall. Once the install is complete, you can enable it from the Security Center, the same as always.

[WindowsFirewall]
   Profiles=WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall

[WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall]
   Mode=0

If you are looking to have the Firewall turned off for the duration of the unattended install, and the have it be automatically re-enabled once the install is complete, try adding the following registy tweak to a reg file that will be processed at the end of the automated process:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile]
"EnableFirewall"=dword:00000001

WARNING: I freely admit to not having tested this registry key. I believe that it, on its own, will enable the Windows Firewall and do nothing else, but I can not guarantee it.

On a side note: Putting "automaticupdates=no" in your winnt.sif will make your unattended install fail. Or rather, it will require user input at first boot to determine your desired settings for Automatic Updates. The line must read either "automaticupdates=yes" or "automaticupdates=1" for the install to bypass the Help Protect Your PC page.

I hope this clears things up for you. Good luck. :)