driver problem

supervixen7

Hi

I'm having trouble when connecting up my Numark Total Control to my Asus eee 901. XP fails to fully install the drivers and so it doesn't work. I get a code 28 message. The Total Control does not come with drivers so it relies a lot on windows working perfectly.

I have an nlite version of XP on my machine.

(sorry cannot remember what was removed, but I'm pretty sure I followed something like this:

http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:nlitexp or http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=40609).

I think that may be why it cannot detect it. Does anyone know of a way of getting XP to recognise the total control?

If not, what parts of XP must I have removed to have caused this and is there a way of getting them back?

Ideally I don't want to have to re-install windows as I like how it is set up now and don't really want to go through all the hassle but if I have to then what components do I really need to keep to ensure the Total control will have the drivers and install?

I can't think what else I need to put to help you but if you need any more details then please let me know.

Thanks

ps I have tried using the original xp disc, putting it in my external usb dvd drive while it searches for the driver but don't think my dvd drive is the best.

supervixen7, we need to see your Last Session to have a chance to help you. What is that code 28 - a BSOD Stop code or ? So, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

supervixen7, that is why we need to see your Last Session as I requested in my first reply. It is found in your source folder and on the CD you wrote with nLite. So, please attach it and we'll take a look and see if we can make a guess. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: If we can identify the missing component, the .inf file should tell us the missing files and Registry keys.

Edited by johnhc

Thanks, supervixen7 , but I do wish you had attached instead of pasting your Last Session. If you will, please go ahead and attach it (using Browse... and UPLOAD buttons on reply screen), then you can edit your pasted one and delete it. I would consider "Windows CE USB Host". Please search in your original CD and see if you can find the .inf for this component. I will try to help, but I am running XP x64 and may not even have this component. If you can find a likely candidate, please attach a copy so we can take a look. If the forum will not let you attach an .inf, just add a .txt to the end of it. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Sp0iLedBrAt, this is an old build that supervixen7 is trying to avoid rebuilding, thus - "You are using nLite 1.4.8, not 1.4.9.1".

EDIT again: supervixen7, The .inf files may be compressed (into .IN_), so search for .in*.

Edited by johnhc

supervixen7, thanks for the attachment. I think "USB Audio Support" may be a better candidate. See if you can find an .inf for it. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: OK, I found both inf files. "USB Audio Support" is wdma_usb.inf and the only file it references is usbaudio.sys (driver file). Please see if you can find these two files on your original CD. One or both may be compressed into .IN_ or SY_ or may be in your SP2.CAB file. Let us know when you have them and attach the .inf file.

Edited by johnhc

supervixen7, place usbaudio.sys in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers folder and the wdma_usb.inf file into the C:\WINDOWS\inf folder. Reboot your machine a let us know if it works. I attach the wdma_usb.inf file. Good luck, John.