Could not see my 1Tb Data drive with vlite vista

Mech0z

Some explenation of my problem: http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.as...p;enterthread=y

I was going crazy thinking my 900Gb data was gone, but then I tried installing Win xp back and could then see my drive, I then tried again installign Vista (vlited version as I am quite happy about everything else) but same problem, my WD GP drive was not accessable. Then after 4 more reformats and reinstalls I tried installing a default Vista and POOF it worked!

So if anyone could tell me which component / service or whatever I should NOT remove I would be truely grateful, I followed the PDF guide just posted here recently to check which items was safe to remove and removed almost everything that was not stamped as unsafe.

Some explenation of my problem: http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.as...p;enterthread=y

I was going crazy thinking my 900Gb data was gone, but then I tried installing Win xp back and could then see my drive, I then tried again installign Vista (vlited version as I am quite happy about everything else) but same problem, my WD GP drive was not accessable. Then after 4 more reformats and reinstalls I tried installing a default Vista and POOF it worked!

So if anyone could tell me which component / service or whatever I should NOT remove I would be truely grateful, I followed the PDF guide just posted here recently to check which items was safe to remove and removed almost everything that was not stamped as unsafe.

I bet this is due to removing Dynamic Volume Manager, since your disc probably is a logical partition.. Same thing happened to me.