Access 2003 - VB - SQL

Hi people :hello:

Am currently designing a Access2k3 database with user/group permissions to access certain parts of the database.. for this I've designed to have different startup forms based on group membership.. however I noticed there is only a CurrentUser() function in VB and no CurrentGroup().. so to get around this I've populated a table with each username in the database and their group membership.

So now the problem:-

I want to run a query that will grab the currentuser() value and check the users table and see what the group is, I have no problems creating the SQL query I want to use to do this but I have no idea how you execute the query under VB and where the result will go.. the only experience I've got in doing this was with MySQL/PHP so any points with be great.

Mike

Hi again,

I've got a deadline of Wednesday to have this done... by lack of responses I take it this must be impossible to do? I've not found much on the net but am not really a VB person so if anyone knows if this can be done or not I'll appreciate it.

Another point of attack is being able to get their group membership from Access... I've used the function CurrentUser() which works fine.. but there isn't any CurrentGroup() function.. anyone got an idea how I could get what group they are in?

Thanks