WinPE 2.0 detect via WMI Tablet PC

ti1765

Hi,

I want to create single WinXP SP2 image for deployment I'm using WinPE2.0 to boot my device, and want to detect using WMI if it's TabletPC or not,

don't want the user to select manually Tablet PC. If it returns Tablet PC, then it needs to copy specific files for Tablet PC's

Does anybody know of easy way to detect if System is Tablet PC or not.

I've been playing around with various WMI Classes, but they do not explicitly return if my machine is Tablet or not.

If I use

- Win32_ComputerSystem it returns ==> Mobile which can also be normal laptop

- Win32_SystemEnclosure it returns ==> 10 which is notebook (8,9,10 all reference type of notebook, 8:portable, 9:laptop, 10:notebook)

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

Sorry, I dont have a straight answer for u but I remember that BDD 2.5 had some feature for detecting Tablet PC's...

The BDD package is free of charge from the MS webb. Download it and read the .docs in there and it will maby show how they do it for ya! I dont know if they use WMI of if they base their decission on an array of models that are to be treated as Tablets......

Good luck to ya!

I could never find a way for this to work either, so I just have a lookup table that determines it for everything we currently have deployed. As new models come through, I add them into the lookup table. If there is ever a model that I don't know what it is, then I assume it is a desktop and if it is a ChassisTypes 8-14 then I say it is a laptop and prompt the user for if it is a tablet or not.