windows xp sp2-Dotnet framework 3 to be Merged

venkatfcs

Sounds like you are using a Switchless Silent Installer instead of a RyanVM Integrator Addon-which are all compatable with nlite. The Switchless Installer is an executable while the addon is a zip, cab, 7-Zip or Rar archive. nlite slipstreams the latter in "Hotfixes, Updates, Addon Packs" sans quotes. If you want to run a Switchless Installer from svcpack you must manually copy it to the svcpack folder and manually enter the executable in the svcpack.inf file. If you attempt to slipstream the Switchless Installer as an addon nlite will run the executable.

Thank you MR Rick Steele for your immediate reply.I downloaded dotnet3.exe and dotnet2.exe switchless installers from Ryansvm and used n-lite to integrate them with xpsp2..Now Iam clear I have to usr RVM integrator and not n-lite for the same.If I want to use n-lite I have to convert the dotnet3.exe into cab file.I used MAKECAB.EXE TO MAKE THE CAB file at dos prompt.Even then n-lite shows error.what actually is the right method to convert exe file into cab file sothat we can use n-lite for the purpose of merging dotnet framework with xpsp2.Does Dotnet frame work 3 includes Dotnet frame work 2?

Edited by venkatfcs

No, you cannot just cab the switchless installer, read my previous post again; "If you want to run a Switchless Installer from svcpack you must manually copy it to the svcpack folder and manually enter the executable in the svcpack.inf file." You cannot use nlite to do this with a switchless installer, you must do it manually as described. If you wish to use nlite to integrate all the the DotNets then download for RyanVM;

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4571

and use nlite to do the chore; make sure you slipstream RyanVM's RVMUpdatePack2.1.10-the latest-BEFORE you integrate RyanVM .NET Framework All-In-One Package BETA2 downloaded from the above URL.

Edited by RickSteele