Server Execution Failed (Windows Explorer is Not Responding)

lukenuske

Here's the fix.

1. Right click "Computer"

2. Click "Manage"

3. Under the "System Tools" section, Double click "Local Users and Groups"

4. Click "Groups"

5. Right click "Administrators"

6. Click "Add to group..."

7. Click "Add"

8. Click "Advanced"

9. Click "Find Now"

10. Double click "Local Service"

11. Click "Ok" - NT Authority\Local Service" should show up in the list now

12. Click "Ok"

13. Close Computer Management and reboot.

Thanks to BlueShot @ Microsoft TechNet Forums

:blink: I think I figured out how to get the dump file, hope it has the correct information. Have been having no luck uploading the dump file that was named Memeory.dmp changed it to Memorydmp and will try that. The file continues to stall while uploading or look like it has completed the upload and never shows. That's what i get for using free services. I hope changing the name like this won’t corrupt the file and make it unusable?

Thanks for the continued feedback

• 4 months later...
:blushing:I hate to bump a Six(6) month old topic but I'm having this same problem. My internet runs fine and I'm able to browse the web, play online games, etc. But there's a little Red X on the Internet connection icon in the Lower Right corner. It was never like that before until a few weeks ago maybe like a month and a half. I originally ignored it since my internet was working and everything so I figured it was nothing. Then I started to think maybe it'll lead to bigger problems. It said something about DNS when I clicked on the icon and I contacted my internet provide and he gave me instructions on how to possibly fix it but my Network and Sharing center doesn't respond as previously stated by others. What was the outcome ? Did anyone figure out how to fix it ??

FIXED!

At least for me. I had already taken care of the multimedia issue by reinstalling the Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy 2 drivers, but I still had all of the network issues described in this forum. To finally fix the network problems all I did was add the Local Service account to the Administrators group. I'm sure there is some particular file access or registry key access issue that I could have fixed directly and maybe I'll try to find the particular corrupted security setting at a later date. Just in case you need it here are the steps I took...

>>Right click "Computer"

>>Click "Manage"

>>Double click "Users and Groups"

>>Click "Groups"

>>Right click "Administrators"

>>Click "Add to group..."

>>Click "Add"

>>Click "Advanced"

>>Click "Find Now"

>>Double click "Local Service"

>>Click "Ok"

>>"NT Authority\Local Service" should show up in the list now

>>Click "Ok"

>>Close Computer Management and reboot.

Hopefully this will fix it for everyone. If anyone finds the exact file(s) or registry key(s) that needed the permissions modified I'd be interested to know.

You won't in home premium. I found this article http://www.xoxideforums.com/networking/763...you-server.html that says that you can use the command net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add and that should work. I had to boot my computer up in safe mode with commands to do it but it worked for me. Hope this helps!

You won't in home premium. you can use the command net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add and that should work. Boot Your computer up in safe mode with commands to do it. Hope this helps!

I have business ed of vista but i have found this info for you

To all

This is a major security problem in Vista and appears to be related to viewpoint and AIM MS is failing to address it

:wacko:

You won't in home premium. you can use the command net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add and that should work. Boot Your computer up in safe mode with commands to do it. Hope this helps!

I have no idea what you just said. I'm not too smart when it comes to computer repairing and stuff. :blushing: Could you run that by me again in Idi0T mode ??

1 boot into safe mode with commands do this by hitting F8 key during start up

2log into the system

3start >programs>accessories> command prompt right click Run as Administrator i believe this is a must here

4 should look like C:> or something close type net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add

5 reboot and see if it fixes it if not

let me know you can reach me on AIM messenger most of the time