My windows CD can't find my SATA Hard Drive. Tutorials for slipst

Spazzykid

I need to format my computer badly, I have a lot of problems as well as a nasty virus I just can't get rid of. However, it turns out that none of my 5 windows cds can find my new SATA hard drive. After an hour of searching, it seems the only solution is slipstreaming drivers into one of my windows cds since I have no floppy drive. I do NOT want sp2, as I can install that whenever I want. I just want to install drivers so I can hurry up and format. I need either a tutorial that shows me how to do it or something that does it automatically. I also need drivers (I saw http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/ linked, but I dont know what to get off of it. Apparently I need something called a RAID SATA Controller Driver or something like that). I'm new at this and have no idea what I'm doing, help. The few tutorials I've tried have either yielded a cd that produced errors, or just plain didnt work.

If you have the SATA driver downloaded, I would suggest using nLITE to slipstream the driver to your windows CD. It can create the ISO file for you when complete, and its a simple burn and install afterwards.

To add the driver, just search for the txtsetup.oem from the manufacturer within nLITES driver add wizard, and select the drivers you wish to import (you can do multiple, or just the one you wish for), and it will do the rest.

I have not used the DriverPacks before, so I can't say if that's easier or not.

Good luck,

you should use nlite to integrate sp2 and this will install on the fly...np

and you can even dump your drivers in the $oem$ folder in nlite if i

got that right...

late response but i just reg to this forum