IE loading issue

tb582

I have experienced this issue a few times I cant seem to figure out why it is happening.... Sometimes when I open up IE and type in a website ie. www.google.com - sometimes it will take about a min for it to load that site, and if I were to open up a new IE window in the meantime and put in www.google.com same thing, then all of a sudden about maybe 30sec later both windows will refresh and I will be a google. - I tired running all the usual spyware tools - and hijackthis and found nothing unusual, and it doesn't happen all of the time - seems to be kind of random - any one know of any tools I can use to monitor what is going on?

...Sometimes when I open up IE and type in a website ie. www.google.com - sometimes it will take about a min for it to load that site, and if I were to open up a new IE window in the meantime and put in www.google.com same thing, then all of a sudden about maybe 30sec later both windows will refresh and I will be a google...

OK, I think we need a little information here, because this question is hard to understand. I'm not sure if English is your first language--but either way we need to clarify some things here. I'm not really sure what "I will be a google" means for starters, but let me see if I got this right:

1. You open IE

2. Type address in address bar "www.google.com"

3. (waiting to page to load)

4. Open up second instance of IE (first page still loading)

5. type address in second IE window (first page still loading)

6. (Both pages waiting to load)

7. Both IE windows open same webpage at about the same time

Is this about right? If so is your question why would the first page take longer to load than the second page, since the second IE window was opened after the first one?

After we have that clarified, we will want to know what type of Internet connection you have (Dial up, DSL, T1, etc., and the speed if known). My guess is that the behavior your describing is not abnormal, but rather just DNS resolution over a slower connection. After the first request is sent (IE page #1), the DNS request is started at that point, so a second IE page should open faster once the address has been resolved from the initial query.

...Sometimes when I open up IE and type in a website ie. www.google.com - sometimes it will take about a min for it to load that site, and if I were to open up a new IE window in the meantime and put in www.google.com same thing, then all of a sudden about maybe 30sec later both windows will refresh and I will be a google...

OK, I think we need a little information here, because this question is hard to understand. I'm not sure if English is your first language--but either way we need to clarify some things here. I'm not really sure what "I will be a google" means for starters, but let me see if I got this right:

1. You open IE

2. Type address in address bar "www.google.com"

3. (waiting to page to load)

4. Open up second instance of IE (first page still loading)

5. type address in second IE window (first page still loading)

6. (Both pages waiting to load)

7. Both IE windows open same webpage at about the same time

Is this about right? If so is your question why would the first page take longer to load than the second page, since the second IE window was opened after the first one?

After we have that clarified, we will want to know what type of Internet connection you have (Dial up, DSL, T1, etc., and the speed if known). My guess is that the behavior your describing is not abnormal, but rather just DNS resolution over a slower connection. After the first request is sent (IE page #1), the DNS request is started at that point, so a second IE page should open faster once the address has been resolved from the initial query.

yes that is the exact issue - and now that you mention about the DNS request you might be onto something there -- It does seem to happen after my connection has been "idal" for awhile, such as when I get up in the morning and first click on IE ...

6421.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...