BartPE & slipstream

aLGee

hey all.

im currently trying to build a bartpe cd including all latest hotfixes.

i used the wu downloader from http://wud.jcarle.com/ to get me all the downloads for windows xp, and now i'd like to slipstream them all into my installation source files.

i don't want to use these inofficial service packs like ryans or serebys, rather want to do it manually, but i need some help.

now thats where i get confused:

how can i see what can be slipstreamed and in which order will i have to slipstream what?

The order doesn't really matter. unatteneded.msfn.org has a short section on doing exactly this. You can use a batch file to cycle through your collection of downloads and run each with the /integrate switch to slipstream them into your source files.

Here's the link to the page.

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/v...7cccb94a530952/

I've used RyanVM's packs and they're very good. I commend you for wanting to do it yourself. It's an excellent learning experience. I wouldn't avoid what RyanVM has put together though, it's rock solid and very useful.

Edited by mmarable

hokay, thx - i am a noob @ finding things :blushing:

what i need to know yet, how can i slipstream the dotnet framework redistributables, ie7 and wmp11 right into my installation source?

whenever i search i only find a reference to some ready-to-use stuff, but like said i wanna do it myself :D i figured its not as easy as slipstreaming hotfixes :o

edit: nvm, i found something now, but it mentions a "silent install" - does that mean its not fully slipstreamed? can i use this with bartpe? if this wouldnt be so confusing...

Edited by aLGee

if you are using the "silent" switch they are being installed after windows is installed. For BartPe it really won't make a difference as far as IE and .NET go they have to be added afterwards as plugins anyway.