Frozen office

ColonelVirus

Hi,

im new to this forum, mainly because i have a pretty big issue that i need solved asap, especially considering i have a report to write and hand in in 24 hours... so im hoping someone has an idea of whats happened to my office. When i open word, excel (w.e) it opens normally, not errors or anything, but all the bars are greyed out, i cant type or chance any of the text formats, insert tables pictures bascially i cant make a new document. I can open existing documents, but i cant edit them either, its like the programs have gona into some kind of read only mode.. im not sure, i've screen shot what i see, as im sure my description probably doesn't describe it very well. I was using it a few days ago, its a legit copy, i.e its not downloaded/cracked/copied or anything like that, i got it included with my new computer that i've had for about 2 months now. Please if anyone has an idea whats going on (that doesn't require a system restore) let me know. Pluss im using windows Vista Business.

post-139152-1179117442_thumb.jpg

but why would it work for 2 months and then just randomly want me to activate it?? pluss i dont even no how to activate it :S when i click activate product sod all happens... thats Help > Activate product. Do i need a code or anything like normal windows software? because i dont have any documentation for office as i got it included with my computer. Thanks for the infomation btw ^^

Many things can cause the activation to become invalid but 2003 provided 50 uses before it locked up chances are you hit that number.

So your PC seller\builder installed it as a trial version and never provided you with the key. Considering you got the pc without the proper key for Office you will have to get a key of your own. (By buying one)

Also if your vender said it was included in full then you REALLY need to yell at them it is their responsibility to provide you with disks and serials.

Just a tip, when possible, I would avoid buying office with your computer. getting the retail version is sometimes cheaper. For example, if you were to buy Office 2007 Home/Student with a new dell computer, it would cost you $150. Buying directly from MS would be the same - $150. But here's the catch: the OEM version allows one activation. The MS retail version is licensed for 3 computers. If you got an eMachine or Gateway, you probably got a trial version when you got it. They have a nasty habit of doing that.