Bootable DVD needed for Ghost imaging

jftuga

Greetings,

I want to make a bootable Win98 or FreeDOS DVD that will be able to run the 16-bit version of Ghost, Ghost.exe. On this DVD, I would also like to store the image files, which is 3 GB total, split into one 2 GB file and one 1GB file. Ideally, the autoexec.bat would run Ghost with command-line parameters to automatically run the imaging process.

I know how to do the batch file stuff, just not how to create a DVD like this. The only experience I have of creating a bootable DVD, is by making an image of a 1.44 boot floppy image & then burning that onto DVD. This size would obviously not work.

What is the best way to create this? I would prefer using freeware or trial software to do this. However, I will buy a program if necessary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-John

Well, I've had to do this before, and using the advice from this site: Nightowl, I created an image file for creating the bootable CD. Using NERO, I created a boot DVD (using the image I created) and put the ghost image files I had on my server onto the DVD. If you have your image split into multiple parts, just burn each part onto a separate DVD using the same method--I tested it and it works fine, Ghost will prompt you for the next CD when the first image finishes.

*The boot image is only 1.44MB, but you can still write to the remaining (non-boot sector) of the disk when creating the disk.

*Not sure about freeware solutions, but I'm sure there's probably one out there that can help create a bootable CD using the .ima image file. A Google search may help, or perhaps someone here can recommend a solution.

*If you PM me, I'll be happy to email you a finished copy of the .ima image file if needed.