IE7

diner88

Hi, Newbie here :sneaky:

I'm trying to take a course to be licensed as an insurance agent, and the proprietary software requires IE7. I've been using Firefox forever, and though I thought I had IE installed, turned out I had IE6. So I went to upgrade and followed all the instructions...and fell into the rabbit hole.

Computer reboots itself and causes my heart to pitty-pat, thinking I have succeeded. However, from the White Rabbit, my emotions more closely match that of the Red Queen when the cycle repeats itself, only to announce:

"Windows cannot find blah blah blah...IE7-Windows XP -x86-enu.exe."

So what the heck is the problem? I must complete this course and graduate so that I can earn money to feed the babies before the rain washes all of Daddy's crops away! (Sob)

If one of you kind gentlemen could find it in your heart to assist me, I would be truly grateful.

DR

heh cool.

But if I'm not mistaken you're not using nLite, you're just wondering why your IE7 doesn't install?

Or that popup is during installation, you used IE7 addon?

If you truly run into instaltion problems on a legit box, then I could suggest getting a copy of IE7 portable which doesn't have to be "installed". AS long as you have a legit box I see no ethical problems with using a portable version to help you finish the course. In the meantime, you can work on figuring out why it won't install the normall way. The portable version can be found on one of the many torrent sites and I'm sure if you googled it you'd find a lot of hits.