Vista Recorded TV

Hi all

I have a situation with the recorded TV feature on Vista Home Premium. Recently I set my friends new comp to receive Freeview TV (UK). The problem I have now is when we burn what we have recorded to DVD using Nero 7 and play it in the DVD player there is no sound.

When I first had a look I noticed the software didn't add an AUDIO_TS folder to the DVD. Adding one manually doesn't work and I'm pretty much stumped now.

Any ideas guys. Everything works a charm except for having no sound on the DVD. This can't be a copy protection thing can it. Surely not.

The AUDIO_TS folder, while present on many DVDs, has nothing to do with the audio heard during video playback. Instead, this folder is used for specialized Audio DVDs (a higher-quality version of regular mmusic CD's). For Video DVDs, all video and sound data is within the VOBS in the VIDEO_TS folder.

That you are getting no sound when playing your burned disc means that no sound was burned to the disc when you used Nero. This could be because of the version of Nero you are using, a missing CODEC for decoding the audio from the recorded shows or for encoding the audio into the VOBs for the DVD, or no sound having beien recorded through your TV tuner to begin with.

To give you any further guidance, I will need to know what version of Nero used (7.????), what Nero function you used to burn the movies, what program you used to record the video with, and what tv tuner/capture device you are using. IN addition, it would be helpful if you could load one of the recorded TV shows (not from the DVD, but from the hard-drive file it was captured to) and try playing it back on the computer.

Well the PC is a Medion MD 8820 that was on offer from Aldi stores UK.

I would be confident that the version of Nero is 7.8.5.0, due to its release date. I used the media centre to burn the files from recorded TV, I simply selected Nero and Media Centre did the rest so I’m not sure what it decided to do. The recorded TV plays fine from the HD from its initial format. Any other information i wouldn’t know right now sorry. But i will do some googling on the 8820 and report back.

Thanks for the help so far.