It is chance to change german vista home to other language?

xyrko_myrko

Hi all. I have a little problem My friend get Dell laptop from his son. There is preinstaled OEM Windows Vista Home Basic. But it is German version. It is some way to change this to other language? I prefer Czech or Slovak language. Operating system is still no activated. Computer is new one. Just unpacked a first run without internet connection.

If someone can help me i will be glad.

Thanks for soon answer.

No, there are no legal way to change the language of your Windows. But if you use AnyTime Upgrade in controllpanel you can buy a upgrade to Ultimate that have mui's

there is a legal way. Use the WAIK to create a new DVD and include the new language packs.

What is WAIK??

How will you manage to you add the language packs??

WAIK = Windows Administrator Installation Kit ;)

Hi all. I have a little problem My friend get Dell laptop from his son. There is preinstaled OEM Windows Vista Home Basic. But it is German version. It is some way to change this to other language? I prefer Czech or Slovak language. Operating system is still no activated. Computer is new one. Just unpacked a first run without internet connection.

Thanks for soon answer.

I think that the keys are interchangable between all languages except Russian and Chineese. You will have to get the appropriate language DVD.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for soon answer.

there is a chance... using "Vistalizator" - see www.froggie.sk

well, it is unofficial, use it at your own risk :-)