installing apps

i have my vista install from wds and it works fine, join the domain and user accounts are added, i want after the build is done it autologin and install some application and them reboot so that users can login and start work how do i do that. i try the guide on http://firegeier.unattended-sponsor.de/en/applications.html but it didn't work i tryed it in different pass. so if someone have this working can you please help me.

Thanks.

Hello linstead!

The guide describes the procedure for installation from media, like DVD or USB-Stick/HD. If you use WDS, I guess that you're holding your apps on Server. Than just use the UNC path to point to your applications share. You don't need the %appsroot% thing than. That's just to figure out the drive letter of removable media.

Regards,

Martin

Hello linstead!

Audit user and oobe system passes should both work. I prefere audit user pass meanwhile, cause it's easier to do a reboot.

If you use audit user pass, you need to boot to audit mode using sysprep command like described in guide. Than you insert synchronous commands form insert menu and put in like the following command for example:

\\servername\appsshare\Install\Firefox\Firefox_Setup_2_0_0_2.exe -ms

NOET:

You don't need the cmd /c here, like described inside guide. I've used cmd /c to make the AppsRoot variable usable only!

Regards,

Martin