CHM and TMP files

jpatto

I have a temp file in the temp directory for WS2003. Its about 5GB and i have to manually delete it every so often - anyway i can trace back to where this temp file is coming from?

2. i have a help file with a chm extension. If i create a shortcut or run it from a network drive it doesnt run at all but if copied locally its runs as normal anyway around this?

Thanks

2. i have a help file with a chm extension. If i create a shortcut or run it from a network drive it doesnt run at all but if copied locally its runs as normal anyway around this?

1. Run the regedit and navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\1.x\ItssRestrictions. If this registry subkey does not exist, create it.

2. Right-click the ItssRestrictions subkey, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

3. Type MaxAllowedZone, and then press Enter.

4. Modify the MaxAllowedZone value to 1.

5. Quit Registry Editor.

Setting it to 1 allows both the Local Machine Zone and the Local Intranet Zone. A setting of 2 would also allow the Trusted Sites Zone (1 is all you need for them to work from network shares).

EDIT: Woops...just noticed that Mijzelf provided a link. Oh well...at least now he doesn't have to click the link. :)

Edited by nmX.Memnoch