Which takes precedence in the registry - HKLM or HKCU

Idontwantspam

OK but in gpedit how do I edit policies for individual specific users, if possible?

...or upgrade to a domain infrastructure.

Yeah right! :rolleyes: I don't have that kinda money, or the need really. :whistle:

But thanks for the info!

OK but in gpedit how do I edit policies for individual specific users, if possible?

That you cannot do - setting User Configuration policies on a machine configures it for all users and cannot be broken down in a more granular fashion (some security options can be set for specific users and groups, but that's about it). If you want to target specific users, you either do what you've been doing (edit ntuser.dat), or upgrade to a domain infrastructure.

Doesn't Vista bring back user targeting for local policies? I miss that ability from the old PolEdit days...

Doesn't Vista bring back user targeting for local policies? I miss that ability from the old PolEdit days...

Well, seeing as thought I'm not planning on using Vista any time soon, if ever, that doesn't help. But I'll keep that in mind if I ever do switch...

Not that I'm aware of. There are some GPO changes in Longhorn, but nothing for local policies that I'm aware of. The only thing you can do currently is filter a GPO for users or groups.