Using LClock

ChrisKuhli

I use Ultimate (32bit) and tested that Tool. But make that sense?

Before i had Vista i used it in XP - nice :)

In Vista i can integrate the tool but configuration fail even without UAC in Administrator Account. Any Hints?

The program that started it all was Kazubon's TClock. I've done a rewrite of the original code that is specifically designed to be "Administrator Friendly" in that it can be completely configured and run with a User Account...So you don't have to go bothering an Administrator ;). It also will run on x64 OSs & Vista.

Both the x86 & x64 builds are in the same download.

http://www.stoicjoker.com/TClock

The program that started it all was Kazubon's TClock. I've done a rewrite of the original code that is specifically designed to be "Administrator Friendly" in that it can be completely configured and run with a User Account...So you don't have to go bothering an Administrator ;). It also will run on x64 OSs & Vista.

Wow, thanks for that! I actually found TClockEx first, a long time ago. Then I did some research and found the original TClock, and had the impression that the guy who did the TClockEx version was taking credit for the work. Then I found Alfaclock, which seems to have done a lot for the idea, works better on XP, but then there's the problems on Vista. I'm glad to see that you have redone the original version, and have updated it to work with Vista also. This program has been indispensable to me, and I'm still amazed that Microsoft doesn't make a better clock.

On the source code thing... most programmers feel like their projects are never really done, and wait to release the code because they fear it will be criticized. What winds up happening is they lose interest, never "get around" to cleaning up the code, and then it's never released. If you still have the intent to release it, I believe it would be good for the Net, and you might get some help with it! :)

Wow, thanks for that! I actually found TClockEx first, a long time ago. Then I did some research and found the original TClock, and had the impression that the guy who did the TClockEx version was taking credit for the work. Then I found Alfaclock, which seems to have done a lot for the idea, works better on XP, but then there's the problems on Vista. I'm glad to see that you have redone the original version, and have updated it to work with Vista also. This program has been indispensable to me, and I'm still amazed that Microsoft doesn't make a better clock.

On the source code thing... most programmers feel like their projects are never really done, and wait to release the code because they fear it will be criticized. What winds up happening is they lose interest, never "get around" to cleaning up the code, and then it's never released. If you still have the intent to release it, I believe it would be good for the Net, and you might get some help with it! :)

Point Taken... :)

I will most definately be releasing the code with the next build, which should be this summer. My developement machine fried last Thursday so I'm currently scrambling to get a new box put together.