Windows Experience Index is not working ?

neo

Hello friends,

I m using ATI Radeon Xpress 200 onboard graphics. I had tried to update my graphics driver from

Microsoft Update Service and ATI Official Website. Both time my Windows Exprience Index detects

hardware changes in Computer system and gone Unrated. I have refresh many times but can't able

to perfrom compelete assement.

post-92414-1177007170_thumb.jpg

I have read about this problem on another forum community and I have deleted all files under

C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore

and re-refreshed Windows Experience Index but at current its had lost their old rating also.

Please ! anybody upload thier files backup to solve this problem.

Neo,

Deleting all the files in the aforementioned directory and then rerunnning the Self Assessment Test is precisely how I fixed this on my own system.

Since this does not work for you, the first place I would check is your video-card drivers. Both ATI and nVidia have released new drivers on their webpages which claim to correct bugs in the Assessment test - with ATI's old problem being the worst since it crashed the test. Download the new drivers, uninstall your current ones, and then install the new set.

That is strange. I just updated my own system to the 7.4's, deleted the files in the Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore folder and reran the assessment without any problems.

Do you have User Account Control turned on, by any chance? If so, Vista would not have actually deleted the files in the Datastore folder for you, but mirrored the deletion using your user data folders. Check to make certain UAC is turned off before you delete the files and run the assessment.