Text Mode Drivers in vLite

TheOne741

Hi Nuhi

First of all i want to thank you from my heart for the great job you have done with nLite. It has changed my experience with computers and enabled me to help a lot of friends.

I would like to request Text Mode Drivers for vLite because otherwise it will be almost impossible for me to install Vista otherwise. I have a primary booted Raid Array on a nForce4 chipset, which drivers were out only a couple of weeks ago.

Keep up the good work.

You are a beakon of hope for a lot of us.

With the best regards

TheOne :thumbup

• 4 weeks later...
the new driver load feature available at run-time in Windows PE 2.0+ command prompt made text-mode drivers obsolete. You will have to add those drivers to BOOT.WIM

Is there somewhere some tutorial about how to do that? I dont mind doing some reading but the problem is that I am not that great in understanding most of the stuff i could find.

I am a noob; you see...

Ok I waited for this to be needed, as Vista already has majority of needed textmode drivers.

Gonna explore and integrate into one of the next updates.

Until then, I have just been dumping my RAID drivers into the boot (or some other folder) of the Vista install. I add them right before I have Vlite burn the disk. That way, I just navigate the Vista setup to the location, instead of using a flash drive.