Building a Personal Library /Archive of Updates and Patches.

MIKE MANE 60

There are many ways of keeping up to date,saving,slipstreaming, and implementing all of the updates and patches that Microsoft put out to us.

The one obvious source is Microsoft themselves.

Link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search....?displaylang=en

"Saved" Updates and patches can be very timesaving and useful when doing a nice new install, or in the instance where you perhaps do not wish to connect to the internet at a certain stage of the install procedure. Also handy for easy transport on a Pen Drive to friends or customers homes.

Yet another source is "The Software Patch" Link: http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/index.html

A website that is certainly more easy to navigate quickly than some others that I could mention. Plenty of good stuff here for everyone.

I cannot see that this website breaks any of the rules on legality, however I am willing to stand corrected by the moderators of this forum.

instead of adding updates to your slipstream disc, or saving updates that you installed already, there is a much easier way.

Download vista autopatcher, add it as an extra folder on your vista setup disc.

Then simply run it after your vista installation, it will do all the updates in one go, you don't need any internet connection or anything.

there is a new version of auto patcher released every month with all the latest updates.

autopatcher homepage :

Click here for Autopatcher Homepage

this is way better than having the headaches of saving files ....