WIFI Card Problems!

M_win

Hello. I have A Linkskey LKW-G553 which uses the Marvell Libertas chipset. Windows Vista came with drivers for it, but they cause an error "The Device cannot start." I installed The XP drivers from the CD it came with and they work fine, for about a total of an hour. Then I lose Network access. The tray usually wont lose the globe, but after a while it will say, "Local access only" and have a yellow exclamation point. over night, It even loses THAT access and has a red X. When I try to disconnect and reconnect, It imeadeatly said Windows could not connect and gives a link to diagnose the problem. It diagnoses fine but ays it has to restart the device, but when It trys it sits with a slow moving progress bar for about 5 minutes than says "Windows could not solve the problem" I tried disabling it and re enabling it myself, but Device manager stops responding so I have to close it.

Any ideas?

Any solutions?

Any help?

Any one?

Go to http://www.linkskey.com/detail.php?Product...ctName=LKW-G553 and download the v1.10 driver. Extract the package and inside of it, you will find a Drivers folder inside of which is an XP folder. This folder and it's contents is the only part of the package you will need.

Bring up Device Manager and use it to roll-back the driver you currently have installed. If you installed the driver from the CD through an installer program, go to 'programs and features (formerly known as add/remove programs) and uninstall the old driver. After completing this step, reboot the computerfr and cancel any requesters that come up about found new hardware.

After the reboot is complete, open device manager and then manually update the driver using the version in the drivers/XP/ folder of the pakage you downloaded earlier. These drivers will, hopefully, get your card working at optimum capability.

Do not, under any circumstances, install the utility which comes with that driver. It will not function correctly under Vista. Instead, you will have to bring up the Network nd Sharing Center of Vista and then manually define new connection. Here you will need to set your network properties (encryption type, key, etc.) In some cases, this will not be enough to enable the key, so after defining the new connection bring up it's properties page. Here you can fully define the key, et al.

After defining the key, bring up the Power Options dialog within Control Panel. Click on the option to change advanced settings, expand the section on wireless options, and select maximum prformance. This will prevent Vista from cutting the devices power or broadcast strength. Make certain you make this same change for all three power modes (balanced, high performance, power saver) and then click on OK.