Multiple Language Thesis in Word 2003

dawooddren

Hey folks, I am hoping that you may be able to help me. Part of my thesis involves translating a text from Arabic to English, and I am actually hoping for a parallel translation: the left page English and the right page Arabic. The problem is regarding the footnotes, which just don't seem to work.

Is there any way I can set up the Word document to treat the footnotes on the Arabic side to be right aligned, using Arabic (Indian) numerals, with the numbers on the far right side of the page - while conversely - having the English footnotes using normal and be coming from the left side of the page?

This has completely stumped me as I have managed to set the complex scripts options to display Arabic and also make the footnotes come from the right, but it does this globally. Is there any way I can set up styles or something to allow this in Word, or will I have to go to a DTP program like InDesign to do this?

Does anyone have any ideas that can help me, I am completely stumped on this right now... :unsure:

dawood