Vista in a Corporate Enviorment

ByThor

I have been searching for ways to remove the bubblegum in Vista and Office 2007. I will have to roll this out and would like systems that don't look like a video game. My XP systems have had all the XP bubblegum turned off. Can anyone direct me to a good site or thread for turning off all that nonessential BS that is loaded.

When "M$ Windows" first came out, the whole selling point was that once you use one Windows program you have used them all. This has been the case until now. When you are dealing with 2000 or 3000 users that can't find their keyboards and mice without help, this is going to be a nightmare. Maybe I am just a dinosaur and prefer to work on a system that is made for work instead of looking like a video game. Any assistance will be very appreciated. I have searched "vista customizing", "vista customization", "vista tweaks", "unneeded vista services", "windows classic in vista" and a few others that are way out there. If I am barking up the wrong tree, I apologize.

if you go into the control panel, choose windows color and appearence, from there there is a hyperlink at the bottem of the page to "Open classic appearance properties for more color options" here you can setup the windows classic. I know it is nice to be able to keep the same look for users and keep everything consistent, but remeber users at home are going to get a the Aero setup on their machines, and while that isn't your issue, using Vista one way at home and a different at worl will cause some issues, esp for those people whole are not very good with computers. Just a thought, the GUI will continue to change, at some point your users are going to have to experience the new GUI,

Thank you for your reply, it will help a lot.

I have had that discussion with other people I work with, but my feelings are, that a home system is a home system and a work system is a work system. All the complaints I hear about slow systems now, just wait until they have to put up with a resource hog like vista. I work on a military network and we have to beg borrow and steel to get new equipment. I administer the domain using a dell m70 laptop. The users have better systems than I do, but have no idea how to use them. If I hd my druthers, I would put dumb terminals on their desks and be done with it.

Again, thanks for the help and please excuse the rant. (Boy I feel better.)

You should feel quite fortunate, actually. I also work for the military, and we only recieved approval to use Windows XP last year! Windows 2000 is still being used on the majority of the computers, with NT here and there as well. Judging by that, we should have Vista in 2012!!!!

Edited by vinodh