Unanttended windows XP for HP pavillion dv8227ea

As all of you know the WinXP delivered with notebooks include various unwanted programs that usually slow down your machine. So I wanted to build my own WinXP instalattion CD. But the partition that the installation files are located is loced, protected, hidden, and i do not know what else. I managed to copy the files using total commander to another partition, but when i used nlite to slip down the installation i got error. Something about the attributes of the files.

Any clues on how i can use the files?

And another question is the installation let me choose from installing WinXP with English menus or Greek menus ( I prefer English). Is there a way to usse the apropriate files for English installation?

Thanks in advance

P.S. i also include a pdf file from total commander that shows the structure of the d: drive, the hidden partition. I can send the full dirrectory but it is like 33 pages.

D_drive_dirrectory.pdf

The files in the hp partition need the security attributes reset. You can use something like ERD Commander to reset the permissions or through windows, highlight all files and folders and then reset security permissions by 'taking ownership' (replace the owner for all files and objects). You may at that point want to add to a new group to the security list...select the "Everyone" profile and enable all permissions. You should then be able to access the drive.

(I have an HP as well and I opted to after the above, to just make a compressed image of the drive w/ Acronis True Image to back it up and delete the partition. Then I imaged the working OS. This way a restore only take ~ 4 min. compared to the long wait of Recovery option that HP provides)

Hope it helps.