BDD Media and Unattended.xml

Newbie trying out BDD. I've ready through so much documentation I've gone blind from staring at the monitor. :ph34r:

I've created a media image and for some reason it doesn't run the unattend.xml file.

When I go into Builds, right click the build, properties, click on the settings tab, then click 'Edit Unattend.xml', it opens the Windows System Image Manager. I make all the modifications, save it, update my Lab deployment point, then up date my Media deployment point.

When I boot off the iso, it prompts for me everything :angry:

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gus

Newbie trying out BDD. I've ready through so much documentation I've gone blind from staring at the monitor. :ph34r:

I've created a media image and for some reason it doesn't run the unattend.xml file.

When I go into Builds, right click the build, properties, click on the settings tab, then click 'Edit Unattend.xml', it opens the Windows System Image Manager. I make all the modifications, save it, update my Lab deployment point, then up date my Media deployment point.

When I boot off the iso, it prompts for me everything :angry:

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gus

The first introducing screens are the BDD Deployment Wizard. To automate that, you need to adjust the roles. Look for zero touch installation in BDD docs. There is a further doc which describes the settings for roles configuration file. That is an ini file. I don't have the doc titles in mind, cause after trying out a little bit, I decided to go back to WAIK only. However I know that there are docs describing what you want to do.

Keywords: Zero touch, roles

That should help.

Regards,

Martin

Edited by FireGeier

• 2 weeks later...

I figured it out. It seems that the unattend.xml file WAS running. I had the partition portion of the xml file wrong. I removed everything and its working now.

Thanks for the response.

Gus