InstallShield won't run.

Hawk-McKain

Ok, I'm using nLite v1.3.0.4 and Windows XP SP0 upgraded to SP2. I can't think of what else to add, though I can host my .ini thinger if needed.

Anyway, I've tried installing the disk in VPC 07 and it has no problems, but when I install it to my physical drive it refuses to run InstallShield unless it's in safemode. I've tried getting the demo for InstallShield 12 and messing with my services (turning them all on), but it doesn't like me.

Also, the original SP0 disk works fine. So I'm curious if anyone has problems like this or if maybe it's some add-on. If you need any more info lemme know!

I recall InstallShield installers would fail if the 'DCOM Server Process Launcher' service was not set to 'Automatic'.

This was a little while ago however, and things may have changed.

Yes, I know you state that all the services have been turned on, but just in case you fancy double-checking everything after a reboot.

Cheers,

James

x

Yeah, I'd read that, it was one of the few posts I could find on the subject, though, that was one of the automatic services. And actually come to think of it, I also made a disk with all the services on default and still had the problem. (It's amazing what you can forget at 1am)

Oh and anoher thing I should note is I just broke down and used my old SP0 disk, so right now I can't test much, though I'm not opposed to doing it over again.