Silent install when no switches available

Eagle117

I have three programs that I am trying to integrate into my unattended CD to finalize everything.

One is a Win95 program that installs just fine with XP but is just a standard .exe with no switches and I have to click Next about 6 times, change one radio button, and then click Next two more times and it is done. How can I automate this and keep software for the final install at a minimum? I think it could be done with AutoIT but it seems like a lot of work as well as extra software I would need to install with the CD. I'm looking for something like a self-extracting file that can do this for me?

The second one is another .exe file that appears to have been made with InstallShield 7.1.100.1248 but the company says it has no silent install option and I can't get anything to work. The only option that needs to be set is to have it install for "All Users" and not the current user. This seems like it would be easier since it is almost a decent program.

My third program is RealVNC that I would like to have install silently and set my default password. I have a feeling it may be in this forum already so I'm going to search but if anyone know of any links off the top of their head I would appreciate it.

Make an autoit script for the first two and then have autoit compile the script to an EXE then you won't need to install any additioal software to you UACD just on the machine you create the script on. Autoit does not need to be installed if the script is compiled.

You may be able to do the same thing for VNC, not sure.

Thanks. I didn't know you could compile it into an exe. I'll look for some good guides on how to do that.

Apparently the 4x versions of VNC have a silent switch that I wasn't aware of so that is good to go now.