Changing the default program files folder

olger901

Hi all,

I've got a question, I would like to know what will happen if I would change the default 'Program Files' path from C:\Program Files\ to D:\Program Files\ and drive D: does not exist. In case you are curious and would like to know, why I like to know this, imagine the following situation:

If you ever need to install a new hard disk in your server, and you need re-install windows you can only create a single partition to install Windows on (Well you can actually create multiple partitions, however you cannot format them until Windows is fully installed)

Another reason I would like to know this is because I hate it, when Windows installs everything to C:. I wanna keep my C: drive clean, small and an OS only drive, so that I can quickly restore an image when needed and that I do not have to wait an hour, because of all of the crap Windows installed to C:\

Should work just fine, I setup a computer with an older version of nlite where "Program Files" was redirected to "D:\Programs"

My question is where the option to change "Program Files" went, I can't seem to find it anymore and changing it from the .ini didn't work...