Windows ME tweaks.. a list?

I've seen many Windows ME tweaks and all, but is there a list somewhere that everyone can use to check off the tweaks he/she performed on his/her machine to get WinME perform as good as possible?

I mean.. I know about the startup delays, vcache settings, conservativeswapfileusage in system.ini.. but is there a complete list anywhere?

Reason for this is.. I use a 1Ghz machine with 300something mb of Ram which I had to reinstall windows me on a few weeks back. Before that it ran smoothly.. and is was running faster than my 2Ghz w/ 640mb Ram which also has WinME that I have at home... :wacko:

So if anyone has good tweaks.. and has a list, can they post it here?

Just in case I missed a post.... since I cannot believe that anyone wouldn't have asked this before...

Oh.. and tweaks for IE and OE would be welcome as well of course.. :whistle:

I have a few questions about the autoexec.bat and environment variables.

In one of the 'tweaks', someone mentioned to turn off the environment variables. I would assume that the system would take those from autoexec.bat instead then..

A few months ago I read somewhere else that you would have to get rid of autoexec.bat, since the environment variables would take care of everything....

Now I tried to take stuff out of the autoexec.bat.. but it just comes back.

Is it true that the system will take the variables from autoexec.bat and that you can get rid of the environment variables in msconfig?

And: In a few tweaks they mention to add a few lines to the autoexec.bat. That's nice, but they often just disappear (I know they do when I start msconfig for example). Is there a way to keep them in there....?