acronis + fast user switching + NOD32

extrabigmehdi

Hi,

some stuff looks quite unclear in nlite.

* About Volume Shadow Copy , nlite say it is required for Acronis. I found nowhere in the web, anything that would let you think that or the contrary. It is mentionned that acronis can handle the snapshot made by VSS, but if you don't use them at all ?

Anyway, let's say we don't remove it. In the description nlite say that VSS depend on Indexation service. If I take a look in the service manager , there's no dependencies mentionned between VSS and Indexation Service.

But according to nlite description acronis depends on VSS which itself depend on Indexation service . Does it mean I can't remove Indexation service , if I wish to install acronis true Image ? I don't think so, according to some settings used by some "illegal versions of Xp" shared across the net. Maybe the description is erroneous.

* About fast user switching. If I remove secondary logon in components , fast user switching doesn't work anymore.

I tried it, and it is mentionned in the nlite description. Then why if I remove secondary logon, the "fast user switching compatibility service" is not also removed ?

* About N0D32 , it is said in the "french description" that NOD32 require QOS. It is nowhere mentionned in english description.

Which one should I believe ? I didn't notice problems on NOD32 after removing QOS according to some quick testings.

Edited by extrabigmehdi

About acronis true Image, I have use it installed, without the indexing service and it work well.

I am not sure about the vss. But, you cant use the boot cd without any service for sure.

That what I do, so I don't car about problem with service.